Friday, July 13, 2012

Carnegie Deli

Let me start this one off by saying we should have taken pictures of our meals. But man they looked so good I couldn't think to do anything but eat it! I didn't even think of it until I was looking at the pictures from our trip to the Carnegie Deli.

We stepped off the train and located the restaurant. Here is the view outside of the deli.



With this photo you get a sense of the line in which we were about to wait.



There are many places that claim to be the world's best in New York. Soon we would find out if the Carnegie Deli was one of them.



Looking around we could see the New Year's ball in the distance. We can only hope we don't have to stand this far away on New Year's Eve.



Large cheesecakes topped with strawberries make our mouth water in the display case. Look closely and you can see Jenn taking the picture.



This is not the best picture but inside you can see the Carnegie Deli Way sign along with the hanging salami sticks.



Once inside, they have people directing traffic and they sit people at the same table as other folks making for a cozy meal. Lining the walls are autographed photos of a great variety of celebrities. We sat down next to a couple from Dallas that comes to New York every year. The man said he orders the pastrami every year so I figured I couldn't go wrong with that. Jenn went with a chicken sandwich. The same couple also offered us a bite of their enormous Fifth avenue pie. Jenn tried it and said it was amazing.

The food arrived and the pastrami was everything I could have imagined. It was simply two slices of bread and pastrami layered about ten stories high. It did not need anything else, but I added their famous mustard, and it was the best mustard I have ever tasted. Jenn seconded my sentiments. My mouth is watering thinking about that sandwich again.

The Carnegie Deli is the greatest deli I have ever been to and a must try if you visit New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment